Food - Recipe - Cheese and Onion Muffins
Hi everyone, I have not posted on here in over a month, I have a had a busy summer with Girl Guide Camp (I'm a unit helper!) which involved a trip to Brownsea Island .Plus family birthdays, colds and trips to my parents holiday home in Weymouth which have all been nice!. So I thought I would do some savoury muffins as I had some free time!!
Cheese and Onion Muffins
Makes 5 Muffins
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
• 70g British Mature Cheddar
• 120ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
• 1 Eggs – beaten
• 40g Melted Butter – cooled
• 140g Self raising Flour
• 4 Spring Onions – chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
• Salt and Black Pepper
• 12 Hole Muffin Tin with 5 Muffin Cases
• Large Bowl
• Wooden spoon
• Dessert Spoon
• Cake Tester
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C Fan) / 350°F/Gas Mark 5
2. Line a muffin tin with 5 cases.
3. Grate the cheese.
4. Mix the milk, eggs and melted butter together and beat well.
5. Sift in the flour and mix until just combined - don’t over mix.
6. Stir in the grated cheese, chopped spring onions and mixed herbs and seasoning.
7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
8. Bake until risen and browned - about 15 minutes.
9. Serve warm, great served with chutney.