Sunday, December 6, 2015

Other - Blogmas - Days 4, 5, & 6

Hi guys, it's 4 days into December - crazy!! 

Day 4

Today has been quite busy with my driving lessons, so I have not much to post for today, but a wish list of books that I would like to cook with next year 


Day 5

I'm at work all today, so I have not the easiest time to spend time blogging, so I'm revising a recipe of mine from the summer to hopefully bring some sunshine back! 

I had a carton of almond milk at the back of my cupboard, which needed to be used up, I have never tasted it so, with a quick taste So I decide to use it in a favorite breakfast on my mine, when I was on anti malaria/antibiotics medication when coming back from Kenya, my poor mum had trouble with breakfast for me, as I had not eaten a lot of food, she tried her best with porridge made from water and sweetened with honey - yuk!!! But reading through her New Convent Garden soup book she found this bircher muesli recipe, I'm adding Almond milk this time as I can have diary and will also do a version with out the diary which is in the book.

Bircher Muesli

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1hr/1 Day 
Total time: 1hr 10 minutes/1 Day 15 minutes
Makes: 1 

The Diary version:

  Ingredients 

  • 50g Rolled Porridge Oats
  • 75ml Almond Milk
  • 1/4 Green Apple
  • 1/4 Pear
  • 10g Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
  • Juice of 1/4 Lemon

Non-Diary version

 Ingredients 

  • 50g Rolled Porridge Oats
  • 75ml Apple Juice
  • 1/4 Green Apple
  • 1/4 Pear
  • 10g Greek Yoghurt (you can not use the yoghurt or a non-diary version instead)
  • Juice of 1/4 Lemon

Method 

  1. Place the oats and apple juice (almond milk for the diary version) in a large bowl, stir and leave to soak for at least 1 hour or ideally overnight 
  2. When the soaking of the oats has finished, leaving the skins on grate the apple & the pear, and then add them to the oats, with the the lemon juice and yoghurt and stir well 
  3. Serve with nuts and seeds.

Taken from this book

Day 6 


Another day at work, so I would share some thoughts about favorite Christmas, things to eat. My favorites are:
  • Turkey
  • Bacon - I love crispy bacon on top of the turkey not soggy
  • Stuffing - Sausage meat one
  • Homemade Mince pies or crosses or tart - my late Gran made really lovely Wholemeal pastry based Mincemeat tart (I will make it next week) 
  • A glass or two of wine!! I don't drink as much due to my work patterns, driving lesson and my volunteering, so I have lots to compaste! 
  • Advent Calendar Chocolate - Simple chocolate heaven!
  • Mulled Wine/Cider - Hot drink yes please :)

Hope you enjoyed this post, till next time 

Nic xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Nic's Adventures. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig