Travel - Destinations Show

Destinations Show

Show planner

 Travelling can be fun, but we all need a little inspiration, so going to a travel show, to get brochures, buy a travel destination book or listen to a speaker giving a talk on a destination can be great, recently I went to the Times Destinations Show in London.

For the past few years every February before Covid, I would go to the Destinations Show, which is run by the The Times and Sunday Times newspaper. 

This show was held at Earls Court, before moving to Olympia when Earls Court closed. 

This year with foreign travel picking up the show was able to run with people been able go to get holiday inspiration 

Show planner

During the show I visited the stands for travel companies and destinations, they included  Oasis Overland , Trailfinders, G Adventures, Visit Malta, Explore, Interipd, Visit Barbados, Wendy Wu Tours , GeodysseyBamboo Travel, Discover the World, Exodus, Inntravel and many more

Although I got a lot of brochures, I have not booked anything as of yet, or given my business card (I have don't have one yet) to get a blogging assignment 


I also visited the Stanfords book store, which was full of travel books, guidebooks, travel accessories and book signings 

Whist I was browsing the books, there was Simon Calder, who had just finished a book signing, I was rarer star struck to be honest to ask for a selfie, but it was a amazing experience to share the same space as the best travellers writers

After that experience I bought this book

Travel Guide - £14.99 

I did enjoy the show, I came home with a backpack and many bags full of brochures, I would have liked to have listened to one of the talks, but they are always full, or at the wrong time, when we have to get the overground home. Hopefully I will go again next year, maybe with some business cards to get some blog business

I was send free complementary tickets for the show, as I had visited before

Have you been to a travel show, or would you like to go, let me know in the comments 

Pin For Later

Nic xx