Other - 8 Things I have learned from blogging

8 Things I have learnt from blogging

Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash

Blogging can have its challenges, as I found out for the past few years, I was looking back through my Insta archive and realised I had been blogging for 8 years! So I wanted to do a post celebrating my 8 years of this blog and its various names and the lessons I have learnt from it, which I have never done

 

8 Things I have leanrt from blogging

Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash

1) Not every post gets comments automatically once you have posted

 I found that when I posted a post on the blog I expected that I would get comments straight away similar to what you get with some other social media sites, but I soon realised that I had to share my posts on twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to get any comments or even views, which I was sort of disheartened by in the end. Now I understand that you have to work to get comments and views. 

2) Social media is not your best friend 

I found this after I had a disagreement with a mod of a blogging Facebook group and was banned for 1 month, I have struggled since then to get any traffic from Facebook or find a group that I can share my posts from which to get traffic. Whist Twitter and Instagram have been a little better and more supportive in sharing my posts and get views and comments. I would like to find a Facebook group again that I can share my posts to. 

3) Hard work does pay off 

When you work at your brand and blog the work does pay off with views and comments I have found recently, but I do need to keep putting that hard work in there to get where I want to be. 

4) Not every blogger will be kind

 I did learn this the very hard way, when I was sworn at as I explained here, so I have since taken other bloggers with a bit of caution encase, they decided to turn nasty to me. Not saying that every blogger will turn nasty and be rude to me, but you have to a little bit cautious. Also, when you follower other bloggers and they don’t follow you back or even return comments on your blog when you comment on their blog, I find it confusing and rude to. 

5) Be careful what you post

 This one explains itself, prove read your posts to stop people thinking you have copied them or even copied published content. Not everyone that reads your blog will know that when they read your posts that you have not prove read, unless there are massive spelling errors. That is why I changed what I’m writing about as nobody can change my opinion or my thoughts on places I have been or my experiences. 

6) Take time for breaks

 Breaks are important to take time to focus on what you want to get out of your blog and focus on the next posts that you plan to write. I have taken long breaks from blogging to focus on other projects or when my health has not been great, to re-group and then move on. 

7) Quality over quantity

 I find that bloggers that have multiple posts a week overwhelmingly, I did it a couple to times for Blogmas, I found it hard to find things to write about, and sharing them, they did not get many views and comments. So since moving niches I find writing a couple times of a month, more useful to get the posts right and time to share them to get the views, it also fits in with what’s happening personally if I’m busy with life or going to places, not be pressured into writing straight away what I have done or share it, just to take my time to get it right. 

8) Changing niche is okay to do 

I have changed niches, added them, and taken them away again, to finally find what I feel is best for me to write about it, I wanted to start writing about baking, then I added lifestyle and then took out food and lifestyle and was left with travel and health. Write about what your passions are, if you fall out of favour with your passion, its okay to change and try something else, it might help you to be a better blogger and a better person in the long term.

What lessons have your learnt from blogging?

Pin for Later

Nic xx

FacebookTwitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Tripadvisor