Travel - Spring at Stowe

Spring at Stowe

Snowdrops

This week I went to another National Trust property this time it was Stowe, which is about an hour away from my parents

Spring at Stowe

I like to visit National Trust properties during the year, spring is a good time to visit as well, as the plants start to flower and the weather warms up

We decided to go on the trail of Snowdrops and other early flowers

Snowdrops

Pebble Alcove

View across to the Gothic Temple & Palladian Bridge

Gothic Temple

Saxon Deties

 

Lord Cobham's Pillar

Temple of Concord & Victory

Snowdrop

Flower

Capitan Grenville's Column

Temple of Ancient Virtue

Temple of British Worthies

Doric Arch

Wooden bridge Looking towards Palladian Bridge

Stowe School

Temple of Venus

Hermitage

Heron

Corinthian Arch

Enjoying Baked Potato with Beans and cheese for lunch

Inside the New Inn

I did enjoy our visit, although there was no paper map with where the flowers were, it was on a board or on-line which was disappointing. I also with my camera find snowdrops hard to photograph as you need to get the white balance right! But I can't be bothered to change the settings!

The cafe food was good and reasonably priced for the three of us with drinks it came to £20

There is a lot to see and walking around as it's just the garden that is open, the house is Stowe School which you have to pay for, and is just a small exhibition and a tour of the school, which is not that well looked after as it has kids in it - in my view, the trust so have bought it instead of it being a school (I don't like the concept of under 18's parents pay for an education  for their child when we have free education in schools)

Also, there is a golf course on the site as well, so be careful around - also another thing I don't like golfers - another story for another day

For more information about events and opening times is on their website

What places did you visit are you going to visit this year?

All admission prices and opening times are available on the National Trust Website, App or on social media

*I'm a member of the National Trust, so I don't pay admission prices*

 

Pin for Later 


Nic xx

2 comments

  1. These photographs look beautiful. Such a beautiful scenery! I like Spring, makes everything look so pretty!
    Lauren | www.bournemouthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's beautiful at Stowe, the spring does make everything look amazing :)

      Delete