Travel - 5 Places to visit in Coventry

5 Places to visit in Coventry

With Coventry been the city of culture in this year, I would list my favourite 5 places to visit in the city, this city has many happy childhood memories of visiting my grandparents, also taking my nephews to places to. 
 

 Coventry Transport Museum

 
photo by me

This is one of my favourite museums in the city centre, which I have visited as an adult and child, it shows how the city moved from manufacturing sewing machines to cars, including many bicycles and cars from the 19th, 20th and 21st century. People that like cars would like a visit to, it's free to visit as well, there is a good shop as well stocked with gifts to

For more information on the opening times and special events visit there website

Herbert Museum

photo by me

Another favourite place to visit, there are many galleries exploring the history of the city as well as fine paintings to historical and archaeological artefacts and natural history specimens.There is also lots of temporary galleries including Lego, with activities for younger children.  There is also a very good cafe and shop as well. 

For more information on the opening times and special events visit there website

Midlands Air Museum

photo by me

This place I first visited in 2014 , there are lots of aircraft inside and out that you can visit, which you can go inside of some of the aircraft. It's a small museum, but with a lot of bits to explore, the cafe is good and there is a small shop as well. 

For more information on the opening times and special events visit there website

War Memorial Park


photo from google

This park which is the south of the city, has a very special place in my childhood memories, as it was the park my late grandparents took us to visit as it was there local park, I can still remember the way to go from my grandparents house to the park. The park at the centre has a memorial to the fallen in both World Wars as well as a small aviary. There is parking, but its best walking there.

For more information on the opening times and special events visit there website

Coventry Cathedral


Photo by ian kelsall on Unsplash 
 
During World War 2 the cathedral of St Michaels was bombed, left with a shell of the cathedral, the new cathedral was build along side and opened in 1962. The new cathedral is a lovely work of modernism mixed with the need for a worship space. Local schools did some bits for the opening which included my mum! Both the old and new cathedrals are open for visits, its a lovely visit 

For more information on the opening times and special events visit there website 

Photo by JR Harris on Unsplash

What is your favourite places to visit in your local area or nearest city?
 

Pin for Later

 


Nic xx

No comments