Travel - Wrest Park

Wrest Park

House View

This last week I went to an English Heritage property this time it was Wrest Park, which is about an hour away from mine 

Wrest Park

I was invited by my parents to do another visit to a historic place, not National Trust, but English Heritage, to visit Wrest Park in Bedfordshire, the house was quite grand from the outside, but not much in there apart from a couple rooms that were empty of any furniture and a grand staircase with paintings, a exhibition explaining the history of the property and one room that had furniture in it.

The grounds are the best part of the property with lots of statues, flowers and lots of good views.  
 Foundation, where the house originally sat
 Orangery
 The Hawking Party
 Flower
 Archer Pavilion
 View to the main house
 Chinese Temple
 Statue
Family Crest

We had lunch as well there was a good selection although the hot items like pasties and sausage rolls had sold out when were there so we had sandwiches and baguettes which game to £18 for the three of us

I got a couple items from the shop to

Guide Book - £5.50
Keyrings - Chinese Wallpaper -£1.15, BFG - 90p
Postcards - 20p and 60p

Magnet - £3.75

I found that the house was not as good as similar houses that are open by the National Trust as they have more in them, most of the grounds were not gardens, so I think it would be somewhere if you were not interested in houses it would be for you

I found the items in the shop expensive compared to similar items in NT Shops, so sometimes EH is not better value

For more information about events and opening times is on their website

What places did you visit are you going to visit this year?

All admission prices and opening times are available on the English Heritage, App or on social media

*My parents are members of English Heritage, so my mum had a bring a friend for free ticket, so I did not pay my admission fee*
 

Pin for Later


 

No comments