Travel - Christmas at Hughenden Manor 2018

Travel - Christmas at Hughenden Manor 2018

Hughenden Manor in Bucks
Hughenden Manor

Another trip to a national trust property to see their Christmas display this time it's Hughenden Manor which is only a couple of minutes away from my flat.

  Christmas at Hughenden Manor 2018

Hughenden Manor in Bucks
  My dad always blocking blog pics!!

This is a return visit from last years visit 

The theme this year was Victorian Christmas in 1887 when Queen Victoria and her youngest daughter Princess Beatrice visited

The house and gardens were all decorated with the theme, so it was interesting to see what the Queen bought to the house when visiting

Christmas Tree at Hughenden Manor, decorated with Russian Doll Style decorations in the Libary
Christmas tree decorated with decorations in a Russian Doll Theme

Quote from Benjamin Disarelis book - "Like all great travellers I have seen more than I remeber, and I remeber more than I have seen"
My Favourite Quote
Christmas Tree decorated with lights and knitted pineapples
Christmas Tree decorated with Pineapples

Topairy Peacok at Hughenden Manor
View of the Peacock Topiary in the Gardens
View across the gardens at Hughenden Manor
View across the gardens
Flower Pot Person in the vegetable Garden at Hughenden Manor
Flower Pot Men

Chair Arch at the front entrance to Hughenden Manor, a speacailty of High Wycombe
Chair Arch

Chair Arch - something that is a local tradition, when Queen Victoria visited in 1887

I liked the decorations this year, I thought they were really good.

All admission prices and opening times are available on the National Trust Website, App or on social media 

*I'm a member of the National Trust, so I don't pay admission prices*

Pin For Later 

Pinterest graphic of the blog post feature in the christmas tree with the pineapples and the post title and my blog name

Nic xx 

No comments